Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Graceful Lace

HAHA.....So summer is upon us, well in Arizona at least. Sorry to point that out to all of you freezing your asses off in other parts of the country...hehe! While getting ready this morning it became very apparent the grace and poise I possess. In a haze at 5:00AM (all of you that know me are laughing to the point of tears right now), that's right I get up at 5:00AM...ridiculous. OK back to the useless point of this entry. After putting my shorts on I looked down and much to my disbelief.... bruises, cuts, scratches....good lord I've been kicking my own ass lately. Taking it one step further, I don't even remember where most of these bruises came from. Well, I can thank the cuts and scratches to Camelback Mountain. Thank you Camelback Mountain I obviously need your help in beating the crap out of myself. After grabbing my morning coffee and getting on my way to work I couldn't help but laugh out loud, I am the biggest klutz in the world. I run into stuff so often I am oblivious to it occurring. Maybe a quiet "thank you" to the table or "that will leave a mark", nothing more than a brief moment of recognition. This may all seem irrelevant, in fact my laughter died hours ago until yet another "Lacy moment" not even ten minutes ago. While dancing around my office (in the midst of filing) I tripped over my own two feet, kicked myself in the shin, and almost fell flat on face, or shall I say on top of the dog. No, on top of the dog is not a metaphor, my bosses dog sleeps in the office all day or should I say attempts to sleep. I am just now writing ten minutes later because it took all of eight minutes to contain my laughter. After the dust had settled I felt inclined to share an opportunity for a fantastic laugh out loud Lacy moment. Welcome to my world!

I now understand why my family used to call me "grace".

"Those who can laugh at themselves shall never cease to be amused"

No comments: