Monday, March 26, 2007

Seek and you shall find

As most in my life know for the last year I have been on a mission...to find myself that is. A year ago March 7th I took my life back. I know this may sound dramatic however it is the truth in my eyes. Over the course of three days my world twisted, turned and flipped....to the point colors seemed brighter. There was nothing that I couldn't overcome if I only wished to dig and face the very things that held me prisoner all these years. Twenty two years of being held prisoner to my own reasons and rational thinking. Conditional love, everything a comparison to the past, blaming others and powerless. There are but a million different lessons and answers I've found within myself over the course of the last year. At first there were days when I couldn't even recognize the woman staring back in the mirror. Throughout the last year this has become me, who I am and I do not see the huge transformation.
Interesting how just when you think that you have conquered your demons and the world is yours for the taking, we come face to face with yet another demon, another war. I fight no more. This is but the beauty of it all. I no longer fight with my own reasons of why I am not good enough, a leader, extraordinary, etc... well at least not today. Here is the thing...I am free! Although I know tomorrow I will come against yet another wall to tear down, tearing down walls can be fun. With every brick I find yet another piece of me. Each brick is another piece of the puzzle and with everyone of them I find courage, love, integrity, trust, acceptance and even my faults. Seek and you shall find the freedom you deserve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tear down wlls I don"t think so. Follow your dreams you are good at. A wise Jewish womAN WANTS TOLD ME. yOU CAN SET ALL THE PLANS YOU WANT TO IN MOTION. bUT gOD HAS A PLAN FOR ALL OF US. dON"T FORGET YOUR ROOTS. i LOVE YOU

Lace said...

I will never forget my roots...it is the very foundation of who I am today. I believe that God's only wish for me is to discover the woman I am, help others along the way, to live a life that I am completely passionately lit up by and head over heels in love with. I believe that is what he wants for all his children and that is all I want for everyone as well. I love you with all of my heart!!