Thursday, September 6, 2007

Within

I'm reaching...I'm reaching out for something,

Something more,

Something to prove,

Who I am?
Where I came from?
Who I will be.

In the end it all falls on me



Lately...Lately I haven't been myself

I'm fighting a battle within

Who I am, who I'm trying to be

This reflection is not me.



I'm not sure who this woman is looking at me

This balancing act

I'm spinning, spiralling down

Fading, falling...it's gonna be ugly when I hit the ground



I'd like to think that this bird can not be caged

I'm lying to myself, dying for myself, in my own twisted thoughts vying with myself.

I can't get out, get out of my own skin.

I point the finger at you knowing it all comes from within.

I'll search this world like the lost and found,

Someday my feet will abruptly leave the ground.

No comments: